Note: I am no longer supporting any of these WordPress plugins. The pages remain alive for anyone who is currently using them, but none of these will be updated any further. For an explanation, please read Why I am no longer supporting my Wordpress plugins.
Prev-Next Keyboard Navigation
I prefer to use the keyboard for navigating content whenever possible, rather than the more awkward movement of a mouse... and my carpal tunnels thank me for that preference. I've seen keyboard navigation of posts implemented on FFFFOUND! and thought it was really nice. So I decided to make a WordPress plugin to allow others that functionality easily.
Scrolling through posts by keyboard may not be useful to everyone, but it makes a lot of sense for anyone with a photoblog. Users can quickly flip through your content without enlessly flicking a scroll wheel or clicking and dragging until they grab their wrists in pain.
- Press the "J" key to see the next post, and the "K" key takes you to the previous post.
- Automatically load the "next" or "previous" page when you hit the end.
- Add "next" and "previous" keys for page-by-page navigation.
- Add an options page which allows the navigation keys to be customized.
- Detect the scrollable element in a site's design. (Current version only scrolls the body.)
DownloadThe current version can be downloaded at WordPress.org.
- Updated the algorithm to work with fractional scrollTop property in Firefox
- Added scroll event listener to make the navigation sensitive to your current scroll position
- Continues to next/previous page when you navigate past the last (or first) post
- jQuery has been implemented for all DOM functions
- ScrollTop is now at the top of the screen, as expected
- Tested on Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.5, Safari 4, and Chrome 3
- Key navigation is no longer added on single posts
- Keypress events are ignored inside of TEXTAREA and INPUT elements
- Initial version